Tapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapping

Alright, after getting no answer on the thread of Reb Beach's video, I 'm asking it here.

I can do some basic tappings, like the one on Dream Warriors solo, and such.But I really envy the players who can do some cool two handed tapping stuff .Like the one on this video.(in the ending part)

I got this from somebody that was asked to video tape this guitar clinic. It's Reb Beach just hanging out with the people. This is the end where he uses an...

I want to set a base for further tapping stuff, so anyone knows some cool and useful tapping exercises?
    Last edited by Norton; 01-10-2008, 02:33 PM.
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Try typing "tapping lessons" or "guitar lessons" into google or yahoo. You can find a bunch of free lessons around the net on a variety of topics. Some of the better ones include either audio or video examples to go along with the tab.

For what it's worth, I've seen several lessons on tapping out there but I can't recall exactly where.

Good luck.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Didn't Steve Lynch write a book on it?

Comment

try shred academy
        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
          Didn't Steve Lynch write a book on it?
          He did a video for REH called "The Two-Handed Guitarist". He also has out a three-volume book/CD set on tapping called "The Right Touch". You can get the video and the books through his website: Steve's site
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
            I can do some basic tappings, like the one on Dream Warriors solo
            That's pretty easy to do with 2 hands....but can you do it with just one? My pinky is too slow for that .

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
              That's pretty easy to do with 2 hands....but can you do it with just one? My pinky is too slow for that .
              It's not called tapping if you use just one hand.

I think I should've said "multi fingered tapping"

Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                It's not called tapping if you use just one hand.
                Yeah, it's a legato...George Lynch played it with one hand .

Tapping is one of the techniques I really can't do...I'm downloading that Steve Lynch video already .

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                  Yeah, it's a legato...George Lynch played it with one hand .

Tapping is one of the techniques I really can't do...I'm downloading that Steve Lynch video already .

George Lynch's older than EVH. Of course he can do it with one hand

Comment

How do you guys do your muting while tapping so there are extraneous noises or ringing strings? Does most of the muting come from your right hand?

Comment

I do the muting with the lower side of my palm.

Comment

minus the bear at temple bar in dublin, ireland sometime in october, 2005.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                        X