Born Again: Cyg relearning the guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you need to get your tubes tied. :ROTF:
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
      Maybe you need to get your tubes tied. :ROTF:
      Oh, no...where have I seen that comment before?

Comment

Hey Jack...I pulled the DKMGT off the wall and warmed up the rig.
        Thanks for the kick in the butt!

I needed this!

Meanwhile the soldering iron is still hot, and smells very welcoming...

Comment

Cool....How highly would you recommend Intellishred? I myself am working a bit with Speed Mechanics. Do you think one book is better than the other as far as picking technique exercises?
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

They compliment each other, I think.
            Initially, things look about the same, but Intelli-shred covers more territory in the end.
            Both are excellent, and another good thing is both authors are relatively easy to communicate with if there's someplace you get stuck.
            Kevin D is right here, and Troy has a website of his own.

Comment

Thanks again for the kind words Cyg!
              And Jack.. I'm usually on here a couple of times a week between gigs, sessions and clinics.. feel free to ask/inquire about anything whenever the mood strikes.. ANYTIME I can help ANYONE with ANYTHING.. I'll always to my best.
              Thanks for the support guys!.. this week we shipped to Bulgaria and are in the US, UK, France, South Africa, Japan, China, Thailand. Phillipines, Italy and Austrailia.. so this has all been a HUGE blessing for me and my family.
              DiMarzio Endorsee
              www.dimarzio.com
              Morley Endorsee
              www.morley.com
              "Intelli-Shred" author
              www.myspace.com/intellishred
              NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

No...thank you, Kev!

I've said it a million times, I'll say it again, there is no magic bullet for anything.
                But having guidance, paying attention, and working it out pays off many times over.
                Even the baby steps mean a lot.

What I'm most amazed at is how far I have been able to get with 45 year old hands.
                I had a couple of small pains (in odd places, like the little used triceps).
                It's the mental aspect that has changed for me. I approach songs a bit differently, with a new vocabulary.
                I got so tired of my own playing, and it showed!

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                  Yes.
                  I have an serious illness.
                  It's called building amps.
                  I play about four hours a week, now.

I need to get back in it...sorry!
                  I too developed a serious illness...building guitars (Warmoths). Fortunately, my next order should still be a few weeks out, so I can go back to playing and practicing.
                  The Guitars:
                  Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                  The Amps:
                  Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

I have been trolling reading this thread as it develops. I am coming up on 44. I quit playing in 89 after about 3 years of constant practice and lessons. I just started about 6 months ago to work back into it. I have a long way to go. Keep with it man. I am really enjoying playing now and started my son in lessons as well. I am glad it is working out for you. Just set the amps aside for 15-30 minutes a day and pick up the guitar, lol.
                    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Resurrection time!
                      Once I hit that point where I was much more comfortable with my right/left hand technique then I started playing wildly different styles of music in practice.
                      It has helped in independent timing structures.
                      That brick wall I was speaking of is still there-but I am not looking at it as I did in the past.
                      I will be able to climb it eventually.

Comment

Cygnus, Just remember to warm up slow and streach often when up first start to reduce injury
                        I have been playing for 25 yrs and I have hand problems from not warming up properly
                        I am hoping to avoid surgery but in the end it may have to be
                        Sounds like you are coming along well, keep up the good work
                        Back in 07 I played a gig in Norway with my friends band Barren Cross and practiced 6-8 [alone]hours a day as we only got 1 practice together before the show
                        This did my hand in because I jumped in to quickly
                        anyway again keep up the good work!!!

Comment

Originally posted by metalone View Post
                          Cygnus, Just remember to warm up slow and streach often when up first start to reduce injury
                          Thank you, metalone-this is great advice for everyone.
                          I mix and match warmups, that odd feeling in my picking arm is long gone.

Comment

Working...
                          X