Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do all guitarist cheat except for Al Dimeola?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
    Push comes to shove, I hear the half step thing, pretty fusiony. I fail to see what's innovative about it. I never said he wasn't influential.

I guess I have to watch what I say on an EVH and RR fanboy forum, I'm sorry.
    Actually i am not a fan boy of his
    I prefer guys like gilmour,schon,gary moore,roth,schenker,may,lukather,gilbert,govan,
    holdsworth,macalpine,
    marino. and yes i love al dimeola as well, i have been into him for over 25 years now
    I like guitar players that "speak" with thier leads
    when i defended VH it was simply because the man was a great player and a MAJOR figure in guitar innovation and deserves some respect for that.
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
      when i defended VH it was simply because the man was a great player and a MAJOR figure in guitar popularization and deserves some respect for that.
      Fixed.

I also love the instant 'namedropping' to certify your cred.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Fixed.

I also love the instant 'namedropping' to certify your cred.
        If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I agree with GoR. VH definitely caused a lot of people to pick up the guitar, but he didn't really do anything that others weren't already doing; he was just more popular.
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
            I agree with GoR. VH definitely caused a lot of people to pick up the guitar, but he didn't really do anything that others weren't already doing; he was just more popular.
            I will agree with this for two reasons,
            first i just got a charvel SD style 1 and
            two i am in too good a mood to argue

Comment

Eddie gave us little. .

No offense intended whatsoever... But over the last 30 years or so I've never heard anyone say something like that who was actually on this planet & old enough to know what an electric guitar was before 1978.

Weather or not you love him, hate him, or just couldnt give a damn if he drove his 55 Chevy into a flaming volcano, there is nobody over the last 40 years or so who has changed the entire guitar industry let alone the music itself nearly as much... I'd almost go out on a limb & say the last individual who had as much influence on the entire industry might have been Les Paul.
              http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Originally posted by J_A / 540s View Post
                No offense intended whatsoever... But over the last 30 years or so I've never heard anyone say something like that who was actually on this planet & old enough to know what an electric guitar was before 1978.

Weather or not you love him, hate him, or just couldnt give a damn if he drove his 55 Chevy into a flaming volcano, there is nobody over the last 40 years or so who has changed the entire guitar industry let alone the music itself nearly as much... I'd almost go out on a limb & say the last individual who had as much influence on the entire industry might have been Les Paul.
                I tried to tell him that in my own little way

Comment

You guys need to go to school or some shit. Or at least figure out the meaning of 'non-sequitur'.

At what point did I refute VH's influence?

Comment

You guys need to go to school or some shit. Or at least figure out the meaning of 'non-sequitur'.

At what point did I refute VH's influence?

I know I'm reaching for the stars here but I suspect it was when you said
                    "He gave us little".

To me that implies you believe He did not give a lot. The conclusion I reached from that statement is that you just were not around while He did most of his giving.... & granted most of it was 25-30 years ago.

However I'll admit I only spent about 19 years in school so I might have completely misunderstood what you were trying to say....
                    http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

I see people bash VH all the time and say this guy is much better and yada yada, but untill that person has wrote an album like VH1, or most of the other VH albums for that matter, then wow can you say they they are better?

If you were too look in every guitarist's music collection, most would have a copy of VH1. Most of those are on thier 3rd or 4th copy because they have worn them out. How many other guitarists can you say that about ?

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by J_A / 540s View Post
                        I know I'm reaching for the stars here but I suspect it was when you said
                        "He gave us little".

To me that implies you believe He did not give a lot. The conclusion I reached from that statement is that you just were not around while He did most of his giving.... & granted most of it was 25-30 years ago.

However I'll admit I only spent about 19 years in school so I might have completely misunderstood what you were trying to say....
                        I never said he wasn't influential, I just said he wasn't really innovative.

Comment

well, i grew up on VH 123and 4, and he was so incredible at that time.
                          i don't think he's that great anymore, and his playing doesnt stand the test of time. Only album i own is Fair Warning my fav, and some boots.

I'll take yngwie any day of the week, and i think he changed rock guitar more than eddie over the last 25 years.

is it just me or didn't he pretty much blow away satch and via on G3?

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                            I'll take yngwie any day of the week, and i think he changed rock guitar more than eddie over the last 25 years.

is it just me or didn't he pretty much blow away satch and via on G3?
                            I cant say since YJM is so radically different from satch/vai
                            they are all great in my book

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
                              I cant say since YJM is so radically different from satch/vai
                              they are all great in my book
                              Are you including CC Deville on that book as well?
                              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                                Are you including CC Deville on that book as well?
                                Looooong reach man. And since we're so far off the original topic of this thread anyway....might as well debate which is better, PC..or MAC?
                                Last edited by Balrog; 07-16-2008, 08:34 PM.
                                Mike
                                ---------
                                1991 Dinky - Custom Shop
                                Dean EVO "Special Select"
                                Mesa/Boogie Mark IV
                                Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Comment

Working...
                                X