Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do all guitarist cheat except for Al Dimeola?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the fact that we are comparing a jazz fusion player to a rock guitarist!
    eddie never claimed to be a master of fusion and al d never claimed to be a master of rock.
    BOTH excelled at their styles and were VERY DIFFERENT!
    try to leave it at that
    Last edited by savage; 07-19-2008, 05:44 AM.
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Quote:
      Originally Posted by phill_up
      The Father of metal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xedBlDFjYgM

WTF????????????:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Thats exactly the same thing I said! Who the hell is that band anyway? All I could read was "Mike" on the Drum. That guitar dance is... Ghaye

Comment

Originally posted by J_A / 540s View Post

Ummmm page 3 in this very thread perhaps? :ROTF:

I have to exert maximum self-control at the moment or I would rip the fucking shit out of you. I swear to god, people on the internet have effectively lost all reading comprehension abilities.

HOW THE FUCK IS "INNOVATIVE" A SYNONYM FOR "INFLUENTIAL". HOW?! HOOOOOOOOOW?!!!!
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

poor baby.... you so angry
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
            poor baby.... you so angry
            Seriously, go practice safesex and go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
              Seriously, go practice safesex and go fuck yourself.
              that's a great idea... my hands are pretty small... getting rubber on them shouldn't be a problem
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Hey guys... just a quick insertion here. where does tony Iommi fit in? innovative or influential?

Comment

ummm.... Injured

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
                    try to leave it at that

Youre right
                    http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                      umm.... are you talking about music or sports? I can't tell....
                      there's plenty of players who can go faster than Shawn Lane and that fat Hombre.... who the fuck cares... seriously
                      the fastest player I've ever seen was some old black dude in James Brown band... he played fast only once... rest of the time he played songs

slap that smile off of Al's face.... please!!! that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard... Shawn had a very gentle touch while Al's attack and playing style is ridiculously aggressive... I bet you couldn't hear Shawn if he would have played together with Al on the same stage... it's like putting some uber fast legato shredder against Gary Moore

I remember Mike said that B.B King with his 3 note solos wiped floor with super technical George Benson when he saw them play together

and why compare Al with Paco? Flamenco is totally another level of playing wich requires decades of practicing
                      * Endrik...i was just being goofy..i love Al... very interesting music..
                      but then i love "Powers of 10" also with Shawn.. Both grand masters imo
                      Sometimes ive just had toooooo many margaritta's!

Comment

Push comes to shove, I hear the half step thing, pretty fusiony. I fail to see what's innovative about it. I never said he wasn't influential.

I guess I have to watch what I say on an EVH and RR fanboy forum, I'm sorry.
                        Man...how about "Cathedral"? Spanish fly"? "Somebody get me a doctor"? I can think of at least 5 or 6 incredibly influential songs by EVH,
                        and NOT 1 from Al D' ! Great technique...but Al wasnt 5% as influential
                        as Mr/ Van Halen! Here's the top influential guitar players of the last
                        80 years...
                        Django!
                        Les Paul
                        Chuck Berry
                        Wes Montgomery
                        Jimi Hendrix
                        Edward Van Halen
                        YJM
                        Satch

Thats it! I have spoken...(with my opinion! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                          well, i grew up on VH 123and 4, and he was so incredible at that time.
                          i don't think he's that great anymore, and his playing doesnt stand the test of time. Only album i own is Fair Warning my fav, and some boots.

I'll take yngwie any day of the week, and i think he changed rock guitar more than eddie over the last 25 years.

is it just me or didn't he pretty much blow away satch and via on G3?
                          YJM was barely good enough to be on that stage! Vai is a monster
                          and to tell the truth...the greatest head cuttin ever on a G3 tour was
                          when Satch could be heard saying.."Dont invite that guy ever again!"
                          (laughing as he was in shock over what Shawn Lane was doing on stage!
                          Beach, Petrucci, Gilbert... all of them had their jaws on the floor!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                          Last edited by Robert Burns; 07-20-2008, 08:04 PM.

Comment

I never said he wasn't influential.
                            Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                            Man...how about "Cathedral"? Spanish fly"? "Somebody get me a doctor"? I can think of at least 5 or 6 incredibly influential songs by EVH,
                            and NOT 1 from Al D' ! Great technique...but Al wasnt 5% as influential
                            as Mr/ Van Halen! Here's the top influential guitar players of the last
                            80 years...
                            Django!
                            Les Paul
                            Chuck Berry
                            Wes Montgomery
                            Jimi Hendrix
                            Edward Van Halen
                            YJM
                            Satch

Thats it! I have spoken...(with my opinion! LOL

Another analphabetically challenged guitarist. WHAT ELSE IS FUCKING NEW?

I'm not even going to bother anymore.

P.S. YJM blew Satch and Vai the fuck away on the Denver G3 dvd. Especially on the jams.

Comment

This little 3 (three) year old fella plays Stevies Blues melody, and chords E,G & A7 . Youngest guitar player? Thank you Tommy!* Note to Subscribers : Due to...
                              Last edited by phill_up; 07-20-2008, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                                YJM was barely good enough to be on that stage! Vai is a monster
                                and to tell the truth...the greatest head cuttin ever on a G3 tour was
                                when Satch could be heard saying.."Dont invite that guy ever again!"
                                (laughing as he was in shock over what Shawn Lane was doing on stage!
                                Beach, Petrucci, Gilbert... all of them had their jaws on the floor!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_fHUXHskSNY
                                Yngwie deffin staged Vai on g3 in the jams, actualy i don't think Vai's improv is that great, i've not seen him improv over bluesy stuff that great, he is much better in his own domain doing what he does.

That vid was cool, but i thought Shawn solo was one of the worst out of the bunch.

Paul coulda taken that one, but he was just f'in around, Yngwie would win on that stage for feel phrasing and tone.

Edit: my opinion of course, plus i'm partial to ym's tone.
                                Last edited by Trem; 07-20-2008, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X