No announcement yet.

string skipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay toejam I think I have it figured out... a trill with a light touch sliding down the strings. D G & B strings seem to work best. It will take a while to perfect that if your forearm isn't used to it.

Thanks again!

Comment

No problem. I usually do it on the low E and A strings most of the time.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
        you can try it with your tongue too like Steve Vai does it
        You know what that just made me think of? when we were kids someone had rented a storage building it was perfect because there wasn't any houses close by and you could get as loud as you wanted. I didn't know anything about electricity then, plugged the amp into an extension cord and my HM strat gave me a pretty good shock.

Comment

I watched the video again toejam and the fender strat looks a hell of a lot like the new so-cal charvel

Comment

In his solo at 2:36- 2:40, looks like a Floyd Rose Strat. It has 21 frets with a large Fender headstock.

Comment

Now this is string skipping.

PG demonstrates how he works up to playing those insane string skipping licks.

Comment

Dude, thanks for posting that! Paul is cool as hell, and I just leaned a new lick now because of you!

Comment

Paul is the shit. He makes me sick what he can do on guitar.

Comment

He rarely sweep picks, it's all in the string skipping. He's a genius!
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      In his solo at 2:36- 2:40, looks like a Floyd Rose Strat. It has 21 frets with a large Fender headstock.
                      I cant tell if the floyd is recessed. I emailed fender about the black strat and it supposedly is just a USA strat with "different" pickup configurations. Are the USA strats what some people on here call swimming pool routes? I'm wondering what its going to take to get or make that guitar.

Comment

I don't think the Floyd is recessed. Not sure if it's a swimming pool route or the H/S/H which is pretty universal. My '01 USA Double Fat hardtail has two humbuckers, but it's routed H/S/H under the pickguard.

Comment

has it got the big droopy head stock? you dont have a pic of it do you?

Comment

My guitar has the standard headstock.

Comment

Working...
                            X