Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shobet View Post
    Pffft, he's only a fucking Brummy!

That will only mean something to the UK contingent here.

But I agree, his early stuff was ground breaking and innovative. To lose the tips of two fingers in a metal press and still be able to come up with the stuff on the those first 6 or so Sabbath albums!
    Would that Brummy comment be, per chance, a refernce to his hometown?
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I read the Metallica article in Q today, cool pic of Hetfield where he's wearing a black T with 70's picture of Iommi on stage, and "the godfather" logo underneath...says it all IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        True dat. Most people only know Paranoid (the album), which has some of the easiest riffs known to man (Paranoid, WarPigs, Iron Man), as well as their most popular songs, but Master Of Reality (3rd album) has the crushingest riffs (Into The Void) and more complex arrangements (Lord Of This World).

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is even more complex. Not very many "easy" songs on it (as compared to Paranoid or Iron Man).
        No love for Vol. 4? Skip F/X and Changes and that is one serious progressive metal album.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

He is royalty when it comes to metal guitar playing. He penned some of the heaviest metal riffs in history.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            True dat. Most people only know Paranoid (the album), which has some of the easiest riffs known to man (Paranoid, WarPigs, Iron Man), as well as their most popular songs, but Master Of Reality (3rd album) has the crushingest riffs (Into The Void) and more complex arrangements (Lord Of This World).

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is even more complex. Not very many "easy" songs on it (as compared to Paranoid or Iron Man).

The Dio years also had some great songs that were more technically advanced with regards to the guitar riffs and solos, but sadly I only got into those albums in recent years, so I'm not as well-versed in them as I am the Ozzy years.
            Personally I think that Iommi reached his top as guitarist in "recent" album like the Eternal Idol and Tyr.

Scarlet pimpernel is a fantastic acoustic piece, and in Dehumanizer he proved to be able to play as fast as trash metal guitarists like Mustaine and Hetfield.
            '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
            '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
            '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
            '92 Fender Strat scallop
            '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
            '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Double post sorry.
              '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
              '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
              '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
              '92 Fender Strat scallop
              '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
              '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                and my favorite .......................

into the void

ps - we need to geta greamlin for this thread is worthless without pics \but this thread is worthless without sound !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The greatest concert moment ever for me was into the void 2004 with the whole sabbath gang together. Magical..that tune kills. I had wished that moment never ended.

And Geezer was just driving this thing. I had such low expectations for Ozzy and he nailed the night.
                Last edited by 442w30; 10-04-2008, 10:06 PM.
                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Holy f- check out the crowd and Geezer going nuts in 1974 - f'ing metal here you young 'uns...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                  When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

not only did the guy the lay the foundation for what people have come to call "Metal"!! he just happens to be left-handed as well!
                    My Childrens
                    -------------
                    Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
                    Lefty RR1T trans black
                    Lefty Sl2HT trans black
                    Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X