swollen fingertips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swollen fingertips

I was wondering if there was anything to put on blistered fingertips by any chance. My 3 yearold was home sick today and between duties I've been playing all day (longest I've spent with the hate sticks in along time). Anyway I'm having a blast and don't want to stop, but I can't even barely bend the strings at this point.

It's caused by playing hard for too long but also with high action. I used to give it a rest for 3-4 days, and sure enough, the blisters would go and swelling disappear. Now my fingertips look like they have calluses(sp?) on them. I wouldn't suggest putting anything on your fingers. Just let them heal.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The action doesn't matter a whole lot (aside from increasing scale length and thus string tension ever so slightly), it's just from putting more stress on your fingertips than you are used to. I get it if I play a lot longer/harder than usual or if I haven't played much in awhile.

If you just suck it up and keep going, you'll be fine. Play it like you mean it...

Comment

Yeah, those blisters are emotions that are coming to the surface that you haven't had in awhile. They are raised by your guitar and offered upon the altar of the gods of rock. Let your soul flow out through your fingertips and you will be a better man tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
          Yeah, those blisters are emotions that are coming to the surface that you haven't had in awhile. They are raised by your guitar and offered upon the altar of the gods of rock. Let your soul flow out through your fingertips and you will be a better man tomorrow.
          That is it..end of thread

Comment

Working...
          X