No announcement yet.

Posture, Seating, Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when Im learning or recording I always use correct posture playing live throws it all out the window.
    http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

I do both off and on. I usually play KV's which as you know have to have the "V" rest on your leg, and I have been holding my Strat shaped guitars that way too. Either that or I'll hold them on my opposite leg for comfortability.
      I believe this is referred to as the "Classical position", because alot of Jazz and Classical guitarists play like this. It also helps me move around on the board alot easier.
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven
      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

When I practice, no matter what kind of guitar shape, I sit in the classical position, if I have a V, ML, etc, I sit closer to the seat and put a blanket on the end of the chair incase it hit's it, and sit closer to the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
          when I practice sitting down I'll rest the guitar on my left leg (vs. the right as most players) I feel more comformtable that way ,espicially for scales and speed picking - however 85% of the time standing
          I feel that posture is very important to be aware of - long term sloppy habits can lead to different injuries.
          When I'm sitting I use a regular bar stool .
          hope this helps
          Yeah I sit with my guitar on the left leg too because I play a Rhoads, but I did it before that too, I had classical classes, its the correct way to hold a guitar. In fact most of the time I have the bum of the guitar like my Les Paul, in my crotch and I point the headstock on a huge angle towards the cieling. When Playing Live I look for a riser or monitor when I go to play hard lead parts, so I can put my guitar on my left leg raised. But I can play without doing that too I just angle the hell out of my guitar so the neck is almost straight up and down. Somtimes I do a really really wide stance as well to put the guitar on my left leg. Its mostly for when I do those 4 octave string skipped arpeggios, the finger spread is 7 or 8 frets apart or so. Its also helpful for involved sweep arpeggio sections.
          www.myspace.com/memnochband
          www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

Working...
          X