Lick of the Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lick of the Week

This is a little idea I thought of today while I was noodling around, I came up with a few cool licks (or so I think are cool, they could totally suck, and probably do) and was thinking that perhaps we could organize some sort of Lick of the Week type deal. There are some monster players here that completely fucking shred, and every player has a bunch of cool licks. I thought this would be a cool idea to get some interesting licks, and to share some licks as well.

I was thinking it could work weekly, every week there is a updated lick (any user can submit their licks), and one would be chosen to be updated in the thread. If there are enough members that would dig this idea I would love to host this.

Let me know your guys's thoughts, because I sure as hell would like to pick a few licks off some killer players here.
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

This is an interesting idea. What harm could be done?
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Ha! Trying to get my licks are ya?
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Neat idea, but I don't really think in terms of licks.
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
          and every player has a bunch of cool licks.
          Not me - I've got nothing but rehashed pentatonics.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
            Neat idea, but I don't really think in terms of licks.
            Hm? Consider them "Phrases" then.
            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              Not me - I've got nothing but rehashed pentatonics.
              So does Slash, but people drool over him, and I'm sure there's a bunch of cool licks.

Comment

Silly rabbit! Licks are for kids!

:ROTF:
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Check this out...

Similar to your request but a "lick a day"...
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                    Hm? Consider them "Phrases" then.
                    I mean when I solo it just comes out. I'm not piecing together licks from memory.
                    Scott

Comment

so after I've showed you both of them, what do we do then? Reflect on which Guitar World column I stole them from?
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

ROFL!! You have TWO!?!?! You're my new hero.
                        I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Actually this isn't too far off from a similar idea I was mulling recently, though it would be more along the lines of "use this one scale in these different progressions".

Basically you'd take one scale and use it - and only that one scale - in various styles of progressions (Jazz, Metal, Bossa Nova, etc) to expand your phrasing techniques.

So you post a lick/riff/etc here and then apply it note-for-note to as many different styles of rhythm passages as you can.

That'd work.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                            Check this out...

Similar to your request but a "lick a day"...

Thanks for that link.
                            The Guitars:
                            Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                            The Amps:
                            Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Working...
                            X