No announcement yet.

Lick of the Week - Week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With no timing structure behind it, I keep coming up with some half-baked Japanese-sounding melody
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I got your lick of the week...on dese nuts!!!

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

While the string-skipping and stretches are impressive to other musicians, a more practical/on-stage version would be:

Code:
        E||--12-------------------------------12----------||
        B||-----14-12-------------------12-14----14-12----||
        G||-----------13--------------13---------------13*||
        D||-------------14-11---11-14--------------------*||
        A||-------------------14--------------------------||
        E||-----------------------------------------------||
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Different sound and feel though I find when playing things two different ways. It is going to have a different rhythmatic feel to it.

Not saying that it is not more practical but I am saying it won't be as fluent - more choppy or percussive if you will.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

That's a nice arrangement, although I'd put the high E on the B string to make it sound better and make it easier to play.

Comment

Working...
            X