• What is this scale?

d 15-17-18
    a 15-17-18
    f 14-15-17
    c 14-15-17
    g 13-15-17
    d 13-15-17

Thats the best i could tab it.

I think its a minor scale, ive learnt the minor scale in 5 differernt sets, eg 3 notes per string, and it looks like a mixture of the 2nd and 3rd position.

Btw this from a solo which im guessing is in the key of g minor.
    Marshall JCM800 2203
    G12K-100w Cabinet
    Jackson RR24

That's (in D standard), Eb Major. Ionian, whatever you want to call it.
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Correct. And when you said, 'it looks like a mixture of the 2nd and 3rd position', which is correct also, because the 3rd position of the minor scale using 3nps, is the major scale.

Comment

all that crap is so confusing, it does help though thanks!
        Marshall JCM800 2203
        G12K-100w Cabinet
        Jackson RR24

Comment

who can map out the hungarian gypsy scale in cminor ?
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

nitro_D: I take it you haven't studied the modes or diatonic chord relation stuff? It's pretty basic knowledge that Amin is the relative minor of Cmaj, and visa versa. But you can find the root notes for the relative major if you start on the root of the minor scale/chord and go up 3 semitones, or start on the roof of the major scale/chord and go down 3 semitones.

If you're playing through the modes of a key, for example C Major, you could start on the 8th fret on the 6th string and this would be your 1st position (root). But you can also play in the key of Amin (which has the same notes as Cmaj) but play as if A is the root, therefore giving you a minor tonality. So starting on A at the 5th fret, 6th string (root position), you'd be playing 1st position of that scale. And all I was saying (because the 3rd position of the minor scale using 3nps, is the major scale.) is that if you did start on the A note (minor scale, 1st position) and moved up past the B (2nd position) up to the C note, that would be the 3rd position of the Aminor scale, which IS the C major scale in root position.

I'm sure it all sounds very confusing, but if you just grab a book or google some easy lessons on this stuff, all the modes become very "easy", theoretically. The only difficult part is putting it all into practice and memorizing all the shapes in all tonalities, in all keys, and then being able to shift through them all during an improvised solo, i.e. Joe Satriani/Paul Gilbert/Steve Vai.

Also, I'm sure that if you do need any extra help, myself & Jackson Shred would be happy to help.

Jayster: A website is telling me that Hungarian Gypsy is like a harmonic minor scale but with a raised 4th, which would mean, in Cmin would be:

1st: C
            2nd: D
            3rd: Eb
            4th: F#
            5th: G
            6th: Ab
            7th: B

So a basic way of playing this using 3 notes per string would be:

E-------------------------------------------
            B---------------------------------9-12-13--
            G-------------------------8-11-12----------
            D-----------------9-10-12------------------
            A---------9-10-11--------------------------
            E-8-10-11-----------------------------------

Or if you wanted to stretch it out a bit more and hit the octave up at the 20fret, 1st string, you could do something like this:

E---------------------------------------------------14-15-16-19/20~~~--
            B--------------------------------------12/13-15-16-----------------------
            G-----------------------------11-12-13-----------------------------------
            D-----------------9/10-12-13---------------------------------------------
            A---------9-10-11--------------------------------------------------------
            E-8-10-11----------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I have infact learnt that a major is a minor scale just different startig positions, when I had a teacher he attempted to teach me modes but i couldnt get it, but im slowly learning.

thanks 4 ur help!
              Marshall JCM800 2203
              G12K-100w Cabinet
              Jackson RR24

Comment

Ohhh mitch, your the guy that covers sinergy on youtube. I messaged you on youtube to get the sinergy tabs coz on the official cob forums the link is out of date or something.
                cheers
                Marshall JCM800 2203
                G12K-100w Cabinet
                Jackson RR24

Comment

Cool to know you're slowly getting it! It's a pretty simple concept, really.

And I am that Mitch on Youtube. I sent you a message yesterday because I accidentally deleted yours but I got your user name there. Just incase you didn't get it, here are the Sinergy tabs, ALL written and transcribed by myself, so if you see anyone changing my name in the tab credits or anything, let me know, cheers!

Sinergy - Beware The Heavens (1999):
                  01 - Venomous Vixens
                  02 - The Fourth World
                  03 - Born Unto Fire And Passion
                  04 - The Warrior Princess
                  05 - Beware The Heavens
                  06 - Razor Blade Salvation
                  07 - Swarmed
                  08 - Pulsation
                  09 - Vurtual Future

Sinergy - To Hell And Back (2000):
                  01 - The Bitch Is Back
                  02 - Midnight Madness
                  03 - Lead Us To War
                  04 - Laid To Rest
                  05 - Gallowmere
                  06 - Return To The Fourth World
                  07 - Last Escape
                  08 - Wake Up In Hell

Sinergy - Suicide By My Side (2002):
                  01 - I Spit On Your Grave
                  02 - The Sin Trade
                  03 - Violated
                  04 - Me, Myself, My Enemy
                  05 - Written In Stone
                  06 - Nowhere For Noone
                  07 - Passage To The Fourth World
                  08 - Shadow Island
                  09 - Suicide By My Side
                  10 - Remembrance

Sinergy - Covers & Bonus:
                  Sinergy - Gimme Gimme Gimme (ABBA Cover)
                  Sinergy - Hanging On The Telephone (Blondie Cover)
                  Sinergy - Invincible (Japanese Bonus Track)
                  Sinergy - Rock You Like A Hurricane (Scorpions Cover)

Comment

Working...
                  X