No announcement yet.

What pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunlop Tortex, jazz pointies, black, 1.14 mm. Takes a hell of a long time to grind them down, and they help you work with your picking dynamics because theyre so thick. You have to hold them lightly to strum in order for it to sound even, but when palm muting, soloing and double picking you hold them like you would any other pick and youll get a nice punchy attack from them. Oh, and did I mention it takes a really long time to grind them down??
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Im back to fender extra heavy. Used the jazz III ultex for quite a while but once I tried the fender I was back. Im more of a legato player anyway if that helps any.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
        You're close, the trigger grip involves the side of the index finger as opposed to the tip.
        Tried it and really liked that the pic felt more stable as when I hold it at the tip of my index. I'll keep practicing that way for a couple of days to see if I can get any improvement holding it this way. Thanks for sharing Grim!
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Anyone using the Ibanez Paul Gilbert picks? I think they are somewhere around 1.0mm thick and i love the sharp end, makes the notes come out very clear IMO. I can never like the rounded off ends of the typical picks, but hope to try out the Jazz IIIs someday. Are the Jazz IIIs much smaller than normal picks?
          Ashique M. Fahim
          Instrumental Rock Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter

www.facebook.com/iamfahim
          www.myspace.com/amfahim
          www.reverbnation.com/ashiquemfahim
          www.youtube.com/kalapoka666

Comment

Yea the jazz III's are a lot smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by kalapoka View Post
              Anyone using the Ibanez Paul Gilbert picks? I think they are somewhere around 1.0mm thick and i love the sharp end, makes the notes come out very clear IMO. I can never like the rounded off ends of the typical picks, but hope to try out the Jazz IIIs someday. Are the Jazz IIIs much smaller than normal picks?
              Once you get used to the Jazz IIIs, you'll play with a normal pick and say "Wow, am I playing with a dinner plate or something?"
              I like EL34s.

Comment

May have to try some Jazz IIIs...

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                  Once you get used to the Jazz IIIs, you'll play with a normal pick and say "Wow, am I playing with a dinner plate or something?"
                  Hahahaa lol!!! I tried them a few years back but they felt way too teeny between my fingers. May be I'll give it another try sometime, but the PGs feel like home these days
                  Ashique M. Fahim
                  Instrumental Rock Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter

www.facebook.com/iamfahim
                  www.myspace.com/amfahim
                  www.reverbnation.com/ashiquemfahim
                  www.youtube.com/kalapoka666

Comment

Another vote for jazz III's. 28 years on and I haven't found anything better.

Good luck!

LJ
                    "Yes, but ... these go to eleven!"

Comment

Jazz III's are good pics. However, they're a wee bit too small for those out there with big-ass mitts (like yours truly). Therefore those are out of the question. I've found pretty good luck with three brands of pics, personally- Dava "Control Grip" pics (the ones with the vacuum-formed rubber covering), Jim Dunlop Max-Grip pics in 1.0MM, and Snarling Dogs "Brain" pics in .88MM. The size is decent, and their grippy design helps keep them from launching out of my hand and into some groupie's eye. it'd be even better if they made them in the larger rounded-triangle size (346 type), as I need the larger size. LOL

Comment

I use Jazz II and Jazz III picks.
                        Jackson DXMG
                        Jackson RR5
                        Jackson RR5FR
                        Randall RM100M2
                        Randall R412NXT

Gear wanted
                        Jackson RR24
                        Jackson WR1

Comment

Working...