Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the deal with having a rubberband or whatever on your fingers while playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is funny. The first time I noticed this I wondered also if it was for any specific reason. But I figured it was just a hair tie and he had it there for whatever. I just figured he's such a confident and good player that it didn't matter. Phil is the man, maybe someone on the MH board might know.

Comment

I noticed when I saw MH live last month and wondered the same thing. Weird indeed.

Comment

I just got the new GP issue and Kirk has tape on his hand also in a pic in the interview but looks more like a bandage unlike the ones the others have.

Comment

Originally posted by rmp0012002 View Post
          I just got the new GP issue and Kirk has tape on his hand also in a pic in the interview but looks more like a bandage unlike the ones the others have.
          I thought Kirk did the bandage/tape thing because he used to bang the crap out of his strings and would sometimes bleed, or it prevented him from cutting himself up. At least I thought I remembered something about that. :think:
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            I thought Kirk did the bandage/tape thing because he used to bang the crap out of his strings and would sometimes bleed, or it prevented him from cutting himself up. At least I thought I remembered something about that. :think:
            Yea, it was something along those lines. Now that I think about it, wasn't it the base of his palm that he was eating up on the bridge?
            "POOP"

Comment

Yeah, I think it was his palm.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I figured he put the badages on his fingers so he wouldn't get cut up by the sloppy fretjob on his ESPeas
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  I figured he put the badages on his fingers so he wouldn't get cut up by the sloppy fretjob on his ESPeas
                  Bahahaha, Yeah ESP's have as tight a fretjob as jacksons though I'd say. Its gibsons that have the horrible fretjobs, and the edge of them along the neck you can actually cut yourself, I did in a shop and the guy was like, wow, you got blood on it, you have to buy it now. I was like, fuck dude I wouldnt take it at a discount because of that shitty craftsmanship, and I havent tried a gibson since. BTW Kirk still plays gibson les pauls and V's randomly so maybe thats what its for.
                  www.myspace.com/memnochband
                  www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

Jim stated the following about the hairband in another forum:

"It's a hair tie. That's it. Just a place to keep it so I don't lose it. When my hair grows out I can't stop frippin with it... Tying it up... let it down and so on.
                    So I keep it on those fingers out of habit and forget it's there. No one probably noticed it with Slipknot because my hair was short for every record cycle with the exception of the last part of the Subliminal tour...".
                    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Working...
                    X