• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you do this trick?

At 1:00, what is he doing?

Eddie Angel does this constantly.

In this video...

Eddie Angel & his masked men getting hot the High Rockabilly audience on a sunny afternoon. Calafell, Spain, Sep.2005

at 1:05 he tapped his ear (for humor) and still made the sound. That tells me that he's doing a magic trick of sorts making you think tapping the body is what is making the sound, but it must actually be happening with his fretting hand. Is it as simple as a pull off of sorts?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Chad; 01-05-2009, 02:44 AM.

sounds like he is just pulling off the string to open, but I may be mistaken.
    Guitarist/Songwriter for the bands:
    Zero System
    Bloodjinn

www.myspace.com/attacktime
    www.zerosystemmusic.com
    www.myspace.com/bloodjinn

HOLLA!

Comment

That's what it sounds like to me too.
      Scott

Comment

pull off,
        In the first clip it looks as though he may be trying to give it slight vibrato by applying neck pressure much like Randy Rhoads. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, you give me los straightjackets and I give you Randy !!!

BTW - my son enjoyed the batman part !
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Thanks for the replies, fellas.

Yeah, I think he's just pulling off to the open G string. Eddie gets points for "magic". By tapping the body and elsewhere, you tend to watch his picking hand and not his fretting hand. He does seem to execute the pull off with absolute minimal finger movement to add to the illusion. Upon watching the video closely a few times, I believe he pre-bends the string downward and has it "ready", then when he taps on the body or his ear (lol) or whatever he simply pulls his fretting finger off the string.

Comment

He just has a loose neck.

Comment

Originally posted by ironworker221 View Post
              He just has a loose neck.
              ?

Comment

Working...
              X