X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Halen Jump - "live" intro

Can someone help? :think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmfrPrN1L_s

What does Eddie play between 0:13 and 0:16?

Sounds simple and cool but my ears suck and I can't figure it out!!!

So anyone can help?
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

his usual tap harmonics

he is messing around the C# note, so if you are tuned in E then for example you can fret the 4th fret on the A string, start hitting harmonics with your finger of your picking hand just above the fret and then bending them with your fretting hand at the 4th fret. The good spots do hit in this case would be 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 16th, 19th, 20th, 21st and 23rd fret but you can freely try with other frets too as long as you can get good screaming harmonics if you tap the spot.
    Or you can do it on the low E string and move the fretting position to 9th fret and then starting to hit the harmonics.
    Or you can move it up an octave to get more scream and fret the 6th fret on the G string and hit 10th, 11th, 13th, 18th etc. frets.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Try A string 1/2 step tunning fretted at the 2nd fret and tap the rest above the frets 9fret 5fret 7fret 12 fret 19 fret with some good vibrato? thats just from a quick listen.
      Last edited by john.w.lawson; 04-13-2009, 01:06 PM.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Thanks a lot to both of you! Tapped harmonic was the answer! Now I gotta new trick to learn, practice and then try to master!
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
        X