Learning the hardest fucking song..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning the hardest fucking song..

Perpetual Burn, by Becker, I'm sure there are other songs by him that are harder, but fuck! I've been working on my ear training for a while and all these tabs are wrong so I'm doing it by ear, I'm not sure if my ear is just really weak still but man is it hard to hear some of the shit he is doing. Anyone have any advice for figuring out hard guitar parts? Or is it just my lack of patience that is killing me.
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

The classic trick of slowing the damn thing down, a guitar on your lap, and a pause button that has a finger going into it more times than a $2 hoe.
    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by dred View Post
      ...and a pause button that has a finger going into it more times than a $2 hoe.

Comment

In the nineties i was determined to figure out those songs, there was no tab to be found for that stuff, except for Air which made it into a Guitar magazine which i have in a box somewhere.

Me and my other guitarist at the time got about half of it down pretty
        good - sounded awesome with each doing the counter lines.
        Learned a lot from that and really helped to get over a hurdle with my picking at the time but honestly it's not that hard to play as the other songs because you don't have to pick out all the whammy tricks and
        all the other nuances you get from playing gained up and with distortion.

Genrally tho i think that using your ear as opposed to using tab is the biggest benefit to attemting stuff like that - the benefit you get of training your musical ear - you can always go after if you have some tab and see how close you got, and sometimes find that whoever transcribed it might have gotten something wrong themselves.

All in all unless you have talent at transcribing like Vai or something, you could spend so much time trying to figure it all out perfectly and then play it well, you could form a band and go on tour already

I think even Becker if he was well, and sat down today say having not played them for years could pull them off note for note without spending a looong time pulling on it just like you - i could be wrong tho, the guys a god.

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
          In the nineties i was determined to figure out those songs, there was no tab to be found for that stuff, except for Air which made it into a Guitar magazine which i have in a box somewhere.

Me and my other guitarist at the time got about half of it down pretty
          good - sounded awesome with each doing the counter lines.
          Learned a lot from that and really helped to get over a hurdle with my picking at the time but honestly it's not that hard to play as the other songs because you don't have to pick out all the whammy tricks and
          all the other nuances you get from playing gained up and with distortion.

Genrally tho i think that using your ear as opposed to using tab is the biggest benefit to attemting stuff like that - the benefit you get of training your musical ear - you can always go after if you have some tab and see how close you got, and sometimes find that whoever transcribed it might have gotten something wrong themselves.

All in all unless you have talent at transcribing like Vai or something, you could spend so much time trying to figure it all out perfectly and then play it well, you could form a band and go on tour already

I think even Becker if he was well, and sat down today say having not played them for years could pull them off note for note without spending a looong time pulling on it just like you - i could be wrong tho, the guys a god.
          I find the Cacophony stuff wayyy harder then both of their solo stuff. I learned all of Savage and a big big chunk of Burn The Ground, BTG is one of the hardest songs I've ever played.. I got semi far into Perpetual Burn today but I'm not sure how accurate the stuff is.. I've checked it with a few tabs (the tabs were usually wrong) but I'm going to continue trying.
          Originally posted by horns666
          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
            Anyone have any advice for figuring out hard guitar parts? Or is it just my lack of patience that is killing me.
            Yes. Download GoldWave. It has a function that lets you slow a song down while keeping the original pitch.
            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
              Yes. Download GoldWave. It has a function that lets you slow a song down while keeping the original pitch.
              Audacity too =D
              Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
              Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Dred View Post
                Audacity too =D
                Since we are talking about this... can other sequencers like REAPER do that as well?

- Leo.

Comment

I prefer the Amazing Slowdowner.

Free download of Music/MIDI shareware software. CD-Player - Slow down the speed of music without changing the pitch / MIDI
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                    I prefer the Amazing Slowdowner.

http://www.ronimusic.com/
                    Ritalin?
                    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

I've been using Transcribe.

Transcribe! from Seventh String Software. Learn music from recordings. Slow down music without changing the pitch. Analysis of chords. For Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Works pretty well and I'm happy with it.

joe...
                      www.godwentpunk.com
                      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
                      X