No announcement yet.

8 finger tapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya he has a 7 string but he doesnt use it. Anyone else thinks chris suroasses friedmen in terms of technicality
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Heh. I just watched that other video posted here, and it appears he still is using the 7. I remember reading something about the producer and Mustaine said to him it would be wise to stick with 6 since chugging on the low E would be a bit of a pain in the ass with the B there in the way since they're tuned in standard. Either way, Chris fucking rocks!!!
      That was posted on the Ultimate Metal Boards in the Broderick section. Mustaine and Sneap said precicely that. It was brought up when someone mentioned Chris playing an Ibanez S series.
      Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
      Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Heh. I just watched that other video posted here, and it appears he still is using the 7. I remember reading something about the producer and Mustaine said to him it would be wise to stick with 6 since chugging on the low E would be a bit of a pain in the ass with the B there in the way since they're tuned in standard. Either way, Chris fucking rocks!!!
        Jeff still uses his 7 when playing older NM songs, just ignores the low B

Jennifer Batten had a regular column on 8 finger tapping in Guitar Player magazine back in the 90s. I believe she also released instruction vids/books. The only time I've ever really toyed with the whole idea was when GP published Batten's 8 finger version of Flight of the Bumblebee. It didn't last long....
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
          Ya he has a 7 string but he doesnt use it. Anyone else thinks chris suroasses friedmen in terms of technicality
          As gifted and amazing as they are..Jeff Loomis eats both IMO!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            Jeff still uses his 7 when playing older NM songs, just ignores the low B

Jennifer Batten had a regular column on 8 finger tapping in Guitar Player magazine back in the 90s. I believe she also released instruction vids/books. The only time I've ever really toyed with the whole idea was when GP published Batten's 8 finger version of Flight of the Bumblebee. It didn't last long....
            That's right, Jennifer also did that crazy tapping! I think I had that GP issue and never even bothered to try to learn that.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Dred View Post
              That was posted on the Ultimate Metal Boards in the Broderick section. Mustaine and Sneap said precicely that. It was brought up when someone mentioned Chris playing an Ibanez S series.
              Cool. I don't go to that forum very often, but I thought I read it somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                As gifted and amazing as they are..Jeff Loomis eats both IMO!
                Yes but then fabrizio Leo comes and eats him IMO
                Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Yes but then fabrizio Leo comes and eats him IMO
                  Meh..that dago is good, but I like music that doesn't sound like I'm watchin' the fuggin' Weather Channel..

Fuck his ass...

I'm fuggin' Metal..Nevermore is Non More Metal!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hail to the King of Shred...

Jeff Loomis..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvfg0iLnzsw

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                      Hail to the King of Shred...

Jeff Loomis..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvfg0iLnzsw
                      Fuck you

You win that was amzing dude is like a modern day jason Becker he never really got to show his talent with sanctuary cuz he only toured with them but I wish they would of recorded an album with him back in the sanctuary days
                      I am forever loyal to jeff loomis king of shred and master of this universe
                      Jackson Shred

Comment

Ya he has a 7 string but he doesnt use it.
                        Quite clearly he does.
                        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Fuck you

You win that was amzing dude is like a modern day jason Becker he never really got to show his talent with sanctuary cuz he only toured with them but I wish they would of recorded an album with him back in the sanctuary days
                          Do you just agree with everyone?
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Fuck you

You wish they would have recorded an album with Jeff? They did a live EP... Into The Mirror Live. Good luck finding it.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                              Do you just agree with everyone?
                              Nah, just me..because I'm always right..

Joe will tell ya...ain't that right Joe?

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                                Quite clearly he does.
                                as in he doesnt use the seventh string
                                Jackson Shred

Comment

Working...
                                X