8 finger tapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    You wish they would have recorded an album with Jeff? They did a live EP... Into The Mirror Live. Good luck finding it.
    http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=3017
    i mean a studio album
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      You wish they would have recorded an album with Jeff? They did a live EP... Into The Mirror Live. Good luck finding it.
      http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=3017
      found it $91 amazon
      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Toxibro..buy it and make me a copy..and I'll copy every piece of NM/Jeff loomis thing for you..including his Fear Tech Demo.

Or just send me the link..I may even buy it myself. I am the BIGGEST Jeff Loomis fanboy on the planet...we became friends..and we have a lot of mutual friends..

See we make a good couple..

from 2002

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          Toxibro..buy it and make me a copy..and I'll copy every piece of NM/Jeff loomis thing for you..including his Fear Tech Demo.

Or just send me the link..I may even buy it myself. I am the BIGGEST Jeff Loomis fanboy on the planet...we became friends..and we have a lot of mutual friends..

See we make a good couple..

from 2002

I worship you now
          Jackson Shred

Comment

Sorry i just realized that was into the mirror black not live. I do believe I have a sanctuary shirt from that tour
            Jackson Shred

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
              Sorry i just realized that was into the mirror black not live. I do believe I have a sanctuary shirt from that tour
              Ahh, he's not on that. Great cd tho. He joined just after that and toured with them around '92..that instantly morphed in the awesome Nevermore.

You do know that it was Jeff that auditioned for 'Deth, and didn't get it because he was only 16. He told his freind Marty about the gig, and encouraged him to check it out. Jeff ALWAYS had an open door to join Megadeth, but Jeff is completely dedicated to his own vision with Warrel in NM. He wouldn't have the freedom in Dave's camp and I think Jeff is much too great a writer to be stifled in any way. He gave up a bit of fame to do his own thing..even to this day.

I have stories about Jeff and Chris. Jeff was always awesome. Chris really had to work to where he is, and improved so much in 10 years. I remeber Harry and JP was sooooo bummed when he first joined the band because they missed their mate Joey Tafolla. Joey smoked Chris at that time..but within a few years Chris really blossomed and JP couldn't be happier. The difference was night and day. The first time I saw Chris playing with Nevermore he was just a rythm player..then he learned alot of NM solos and Jeff just shared with him. But the best secondary NM guitarist by far was Tim Calvert (Forbidden) . I just talked to him recently. That dude was the only other NM player that gave Jeff a run for his money. But that was back in '99 and metal/guitar wasn't popular at all back then..it wasn't paying the bills so Tim bailed and became a commercial pilot full time..and still is.

When I taled to Tim he mentioned that he just had a meeting with Jeff and Neil Kernon..but wouldn't disclose what. Maybe he's back in the mix. That would be awesome IMO!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ahh, he's not on that. Great cd tho. He joined just after that and toured with them around '92..that instantly morphed in the awesome Nevermore.

You do know that it was Jeff that auditioned for 'Deth, and didn't get it because he was only 16. He told his freind Marty about the gig, and encouraged him to check it out. Jeff ALWAYS had an open door to join Megadeth, but Jeff is completely dedicated to his own vision with Warrel in NM. He wouldn't have the freedom in Dave's camp and I think Jeff is much too great a writer to be stifled in any way. He gave up a bit of fame to do his own thing..even to this day.

I have stories about Jeff and Chris. Jeff was always awesome. Chris really had to work to where he is, and improved so much in 10 years. I remeber Harry and JP was sooooo bummed when he first joined the band because they missed their mate Joey Tafolla. Joey smoked Chris at that time..but within a few years Chris really blossomed and JP couldn't be happier. The difference was night and day. The first time I saw Chris playing with Nevermore he was just a rythm player..then he learned alot of NM solos and Jeff just shared with him. But the best secondary NM guitarist by far was Tim Calvert (Forbidden) . I just talked to him recently. That dude was the only other NM player that gave Jeff a run for his money. But that was back in '99 and metal/guitar wasn't popular at all back then..it wasn't paying the bills so Tim bailed and became a commercial pilot full time..and still is.

When I taled to Tim he mentioned that he just had a meeting with Jeff and Neil Kernon..but wouldn't disclose what. Maybe he's back in the mix. That would be awesome IMO!
                I knew Jf tried out for megadeth but was told he was to young. I think edtyh would be awsome wit jeff but marty is good to can't complain with him. I never knew Tim Calvert played with nevermore. But I think Chris can keep up with loomis
                Jackson Shred

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
                  I knew Jf tried out for megadeth but was told he was to young. I think edtyh would be awsome wit jeff but marty is good to can't complain with him. I never knew Tim Calvert played with nevermore. But I think Chris can keep up with loomis
                  Nah..he's great.. But not side by side with Jeff. Here they are just havin' fun..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5zV-IlSvP4
                  Last edited by horns666; 07-02-2009, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Nah..he's great.. But not side by side with Jeff. Here they are just havin' fun..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5zV-IlSvP4
                    I've seen that vid b4 chris fuks up more
                    Jackson Shred

Comment

I think Chris beats jeff at tapping but Jeff wins at everything else. Jeff is one of the best sweep pickers on da planet
                      Jackson Shred

Comment

This guy has it down pretty well.

https://itunes.apple.com/album/non-temperato/id830717890DANIELE GOTTARDO' S NEW SOLO ALBUM AVAILABLE NOW!https://itunes.apple.com/album/frenzy-of-ecstasy/id8...
                        http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

I would start with a few less fingers e.g. some satriania tapping like "day at the beach" or so. When you get better you could include the thumb of right hand to make 9 finger.

Comment

Working...
                          X